Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Summer wrap-up....

Here is a long overdue update of what we have been up to over the past several months. Be warned, this is going to be a LONG post!!

We started off our summer with a trip to Lake Placid, where I basically shopped and Grant fit in a long bike ride along the Ironman Lake Placid route. Here we had a quality family night at our hotel, where we went for a swim, had a pizza party in our room followed by ice cream in bed watching T.V.





What a treat for the girls!!


June was spent adjusting to being a full time working mom :( Sadly my time at home had to come to a full stop. Maya's favorite Toronto couple, Ange and J.J came for a visit and spent some quality time with the girls.




In July we headed for a Lawson family vacation to the East coast, where we spent some time in Shediac. The weather was great, the girls re-aquainted with their cousins and relatives and had many family gatherings. Here is a photo of our 'little' get together at the Moncton water park, with only a few of the cousins kids!


As well, it was an opportunity to have a updated family photo with all of Grant's immediate family.




In August, we embarked on our family adventure, the MS Rona Bike Tour. Thank you to all those people who very generously donated to the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada. My mom, Grant and I, along with Jaida, Natasha and Maya had a wonderful week-end biking to Kemptville and back.




It was certainly far, FAR more exhausting for me than 2 years ago, but I will certainly do it again. You can see more picture from here

Following that week-end in August,Maya completed her 2nd Kids Tri. She had been waiting for the event since last year.




Natasha bowed out for this year, but perhaps she'll want to join in next time around!

We ended the summer with a fabulous week-end get-away to a farm in the Eastern Townships.



We received an offer to stay there, from good friends of mine, who's sister was going to be away for the week-end. We needed to get away and relax and they needed someone to mind the farm, so it worked out perfectly.

It was by far, the most relaxing and peaceful week-end I have had in a long time! It was beautiful and peaceful. The girls had plenty of space to run around and make noise without fear of bothering anyone, but the cows. They won several 'gold' medals in the horse shoe competition!! Here is Maya with her 'medal' and during the singing of the national anthem!




We also embarked on a cow hunt, which ended up in the cows finding us, and running for safety into the hay fields!! You can see all the pictures here

And that brings us to September. We will write more about that in another post!

There were plenty of other happenings that I have not written about, hopefully I have not missed anything major. If you'd like to keep up to date with our photos, you can see them from our Flickr site Sign-up, send me your id, and I'll give you permission to see them

All in all, the summer went by way too quickly. I missed the girls a LOT, being at work, but they got to spend quality time with Grant. What? What? What? Chicken butt... the things only Daddy's can teach!

I'll end with a few pictures ....




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nicely done! I think the hotel room pizza and ice cream party sounds like a fun time. The girls certainly seemed to enjoy it! :)