Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week #3 of Summer Vacation

I feel the need to keep track of what we've been doing. We've been having lots of fun. Don't get me wrong, we DO have 'moments' during the day, especially while I'm trying to make dinner, and I think I am as tired as the kids are, at the end of the day, but it is great to be home!!

This week we are getting into a groove. Champlain Park is our staple, when there is nothing to do, we go for a dip in the pool. There are always friends there so the girls love it!

Monday, we eased into the week, had a slow morning, packed a lunch and spent the afternoon at the pool. There were about 15 kids the girls know, and they had a blast. It was almost 5pm when we got home. I love days like these.

Tuesday we met Alyssa, Avery and Mikaela at the Museum of Science and Tech. The girls keep asking when we are going to go back, so they enjoyed it. I for one, found it incredibly crowded with children. I guess that is what you get for going on a rainy day. After the museum, Lyss and I, took the girls to Cora's for lunch. You should have seen the looks we got. People's concern with how we were going to manage lunch with our 5 kids. It was quite good and enjoyable...I thought!

Wednesday Maya had a play with Cleo, while Tasha, Jaida and I walked to the grocery store, before heading to pick up the van from Servicing. Had a quick lunch, did some quick errands, before having water play in our backyard. Amazing how much fun you can having with a kiddie pool and a "crazy dragon flower" sprinkler...!

Today, thursday, we walked into Westboro, looking for "sandal shoes" (as Jaida calls them) for Natasha. Got a great deal on Teva's at Bushtukah... $27! Had lunch, put super duper whiny Jaida down for a nap. The girls are packing their in van 'travel' bags, as we are leaving for Fredericton tomorrow. After their bags get an "Amma check" we are going to head to the pool.

We are off to Fredericton tomorrow. We are going to attempt what the Keans do, and leave at 4am. We are going to stay with the Mason's for a night or two, then head to Fundy, where we've rented cottages with Grant's family, for 3 nights. Last time we did a long road trip...it was NOT enjoyable...this time will be different, right?

No comments: