Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kids talk about death

Tonight's snack time conversation.

Maya: Amma, did your Dad die when you were just a kid?
Me: No, I was 25.
Maya: So, that was a long time ago, right?
Me: Well, it was just the year before you were born.
Maya: It would have been good if he were alive for another year at least.
pause
Maya: I know something whose grandmother is 100
Me: oh yeah? who's that?
Maya: I don't know.
Me: I thought you said you knew someone?
Maya: Well, I don't know who.
Me: Great Grampy is almost 100. And Danny's mom is going to be 100 in Sept
Natasha: So, she might die in just a few days.
Me: Oh Natasha, we don't want that.
Natasha: Well, when Daddy dies you might be alive for a few more years.
Me: Maybe, hopefully neither of us will die anytime soon.
Natasha: You might die, well, when Maya is around 10 or something.
Me: Natasha, I don't want to die for a long long time. Generally, we don't want people to die.
Maya: Wouldn't it be good if pollution dies?

odd conversations.

No comments: