Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The big SIX!!!



Natasha turned 6 yesterday!

She went to bed, the eve of her birthday with a great big smile on her face.
She woke up, gave a big bright smile, popped out of bed and was on a mission.
She knew just what she was going to wear.
Last year's birthday dress. her sparkling headband, pretty jacket and party shoes.

oh yeah, and she took her party hat too!

And, off to school.
There was no walking. Hopping, skipping, running all the way.
Again, still smiling.
ALL DAY LONG.

When Natasha is happy, you can't help but smile.
She bobs around, hops, skips and dances.
Runs by and gives you a pat, a hug or a random "I love you".
Sometime I just watch her play, and resist my urge to just squeeze her.
I often give in.

I will never forget the day she was born.
She loved to cuddle up, from the second she was born. (She still does, pretty much every day!)
Her tiny little face and big brown eyes staring up at me while I was holding her.

As I put her to bed last night, she cuddled up beside me, with her head on my shoulder.
Those big bright eyes staring up at me.
She still is my little baby.
Maybe, just a wee bit older.



No comments: