So, we said good-bye to the old, and welcomed the 'new'...here is a picture.

Yup, that is right! You are not seeing things. Grant and I, mostly I, took the big plunge and gave in. We bought ourselves a 2008 Sienna LE.
We traded in the old Subaru,for what I think was a very good deal, considering it's condition, and were able to get a good deal on this 'boat'. It has just over 6000 miles, yup, that is right, miles. It is an american model. (I had some issues with buying a US model, but decided that we are not in the financial position to be able to spend the extra money)
I have been having a hard time the last few months with squeezing into the car. Maya needs help with her buckles, Natasha is squirmy, and Jaida's car seat takes up so much room, I have to sit squished in the front seat. This will certainly be far more comfortable and spacious, and can include my mom on our adventures. We can even relegate kids to the back if they are being too noisy...now we just need to find a retractable sound barrier!!!
(this is Grant)
Fourteen, yes 14, cup holders and a 6 disc CD changer!
So long Scoobie...
6 comments:
Congratulations!! I never thought you'd do it, despite the fact that it's the right vehicle for you!! Looks good!
Wow - I guess the 2004 vs 2005 model debate is out the window! Congrats on the new "car", I am sure you will love it. It's like you guys are grown-ups now... :)
Lyss,
Are you trying to imply that minivan drivers are old??? argh...so many stigmas associated to minivans, I'm not ready for this!! :)
Not implying that you are old...just that there comes a time when certain compromises need to be made. Grown-up time. Besides, if I was calling you old, what would that make me? :)
The way the two pictures were taken, it makes the van look HUGE compared to the old car. :)
Don't listen to Kevin! Congrats...I'm sure we won't be far behind in the mini-van department!
Post a Comment