Thursday, May 8, 2008

Giving Credit Where Credit is Due

Wherever I go, with my three girls in tow, people are constantly telling me two things: how beautiful my children are ("Yes they are, thank you, they look just like their father don’t you think?"); and, how I must have my hands full. And when I say constantly, I mean to the point of being annoying. I had to make new plans after story time at the library. Usually, we go to the nearby mall and have our lunch in the food court. But this mall seems to be very senior heavy at that time of day. I realize you’re probably lonely, but if you think my hands are so full, why are you interrupting our lunch to tell me about your grandkids?

Anyway, my hands can’t be that full since I’m usually able to hold a cup of coffee in one of them. Why is that? Well, I’ve been to grocery stores, play groups, the library, food stops, and numerous coffee shops, and I’m convinced that I have the best behaved children in the history of children, seriously. When we’re out, if I ask them to do something, they do it. They make it that easy for me. Notice that I said, "When we’re out", at home it’s sometimes a different story.

5 comments:

haggaret said...

Wow! Best behaved kids in the history of children?! That's damn impressive!

Anonymous said...

Please tell us the secret!!!! I almost collapse with exhaustion after being out with Liam...I could use a few tips....seriously:)

haggaret said...

There's no secret Amy - he's got all girls. :)

Bonnie said...

I think it also has something to with NOT having an 18 month old! :)

Anonymous said...

You nailed it!!! Congrats on such a beautiful family.