Thursday, July 15, 2010

Week #2 of Summer Vacation

HEAT WAVE.... It was insanely hot here last week, and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't able to sleep at night, even with all the fans running. We managed to keep cool during the days, playing at parks, splashing in water and swimming at local pools. We live in a great city!!

We kept ourselves very busy and had loads of fun!
- Parks, swimming and splash pads. Brewer Park is fantastic!!
- a little Hip Hop and Jazz for Maya and Tasha
- Delicious Dosa dinner with friends, catered by my mom!!
- Parkdale Market shopping, coming home with only half the fruit I bought,
and I bought a LOT!!! Hungry monsters attacked the strawberries and
raspberries...!!
- Hailey's birthday party!!
- Little pool action and dinner at a friends house!
- Backyard camping for 2 nights. Great fun for the girls! Not restful for us!!
- Jaida at 10pm out of the blue singing "uh huh uh huh, I like it!"
and waking up in the morning saying "And tonight's gonna be a good good night..I got a feeling!"
- and as always impromptu dance parties...and ribbon dancing!!

We did have to say goodbye this week, to our good friends Sofia, Giorgia, Teresa and Corey, who are moving to Victoria. Maya and Sofia have been great friends since Junior Kindergarten, they even have matching rain boots and rain jackets! We'll keep in touch!

All in all, it was a great week of fun!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didnt know Jaida was into the Black Eyed Peas hahaha.
-Prateek