Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What`s up for 2011?

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions, but this year, I did decide to change a few things...

This is going to be the start of getting back to ME. It occurred to me that I'm going to be 35 this year. Now, I don't think that 35 is old, I do think as we get older our bodies change, and it becomes more and more important to take good care of it.

I used to be the person who would get up at 4:00am, go to rowing practice, bike to work, get a good 1.5 hour workout in, and bike home. When I wasn't rowing, I would head to the gym at 5:30am then get to work by 7am...and played ultimate 2 to 3 times a week. No problem, it was routine, just a regular day.

Now? Well, I can't say I'm not active, but I'm not as active as I used to be. I run at least once a week, up to 3 times. Spring, Summer and Fall, I walk between 6-10 miles everyday. (To school and back 3 times and walk for groceries) To me, this walking is not exactly exercise, but it is 16 Km a day!! In the winter, I suck. The girls take the bus one way from school, so I only walk to school once a day, sometimes twice. This reduces my 'activity' level quite a bit. I still walk for groceries, and general getting around. Running in winter? I don't like the cold. I know, I can walk outside, but not run, I too, don't get it!! :)

I walk for many reasons, but the best reason of them, is that it had taught the kids to not rely on the vehicle as a mode of transportation, and, they are getting some exercise everyday.

Back to my point...

This year I have decided to prioritize 'my' activity. Hopefully now that I've written it here, I will actually do it!!! So, I'm counting on you, my 5 readers, to help with stick to it!! :)

I'm going to run regularly.
I'm taking Spin Classes - which will hopefully help us NOT be the last crew at each stop. I do think I was the weaker of the two parents last year! :)
I am also playing pick-up hockey with the ladies at our local rink.

So far, so good!

Week #1 - 3 runs, hockey and spin class...
Week #2 - is off to a good start. Hockey and a run so far. I am supposed to be running right now...Oops!

Well, there you have it. I have written it here. I hope to stick to it!!!

No comments: