The first week, we were accompanied by 46 others, their friends and family. It was really nice; we had lots of company, and entertainment. It reminded me a lot of our wedding, watching the ‘younger’ folk frolicking around, as we were, back in the day!
We didn’t really do very much outside the resort. We took a day trip to Xhelha. An ecological Park not too far from where we were staying.

I can’t say that it was great. It was very expensive, for what we were able to do. I think if the kids were older, or 'sans enfants', we would have been able to really enjoy it. I do have to mention, my mom had a wonderful time. She went snorkeling with Mel, Dave, Rod, Dave and Virginia and had a blast!


Apart from that, we took a little morning trip to Palya Del Carmen, where I picked up this t-shirt for my brother-in-law:

The second week not only did we have fabulous weather, we still had company of Jen and Scott, Joanne and Dave (Jen’s parents), Kelly and Denis, and Christine and Mike. Let me tell you, if was absolutely wonderful! The girls got LOTS of attention, everyone played with them SO much, it was great! We spent pretty much the whole time relaxing by the pool, except for Maya’s birthday, (which I’ll write in a separate post.) and a half day trip to Playa Del Carmen.


The obvious highlight of the trip was Jen and Scott’s wedding. The weather couldn’t not have been better for the ceremony, it was gorgeous!


Here are the little flower girls, Maya and Natasha:

And a few other shots:


Congratulation Jen and Scott! We are so happy that we were able to be a part of your celebration. It is not often I choose to ‘really’ celebrate, but this occasion both Grant and I did!
A lot of people keep asking how it could have been relaxing with the kids, or saying we should have left the kids at home. So to that I say, Yes it would have been FAR more relaxing without the kids, but the kids are only young once, and though it was sometimes a pain running back and forth to the bathroom with wet bathing suits, spending ½ hour applying sunscreen to squirming kids, or changing poop filled diapers just as everyone is getting into the pool, it was so nice to spend so much quality time with my girls.



All in all a wonderful trip. I’ll have to say thank you to my mom, for watching the girls so that Grant and I could go out to the disco the night of the wedding, and another night to enjoy another nice dinner with friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment