This past week-end, we hosted a fun little “Winter Party” this week-end, in lieu of birthday parties, we thought it would be nice to have the kids together and treat them to something fun. We had 15 kids and likely about 30 adults. So off we went “Dashing through the snow…” (I, along with a few others, and babies, did not go on the sleigh ride, I stayed in to set up the food, not to mention it was really cold outside, but I’ll use the set-up as my excuse.)
After the sleigh ride we had some hot chocolate, a nice warm lunch and treat, the kids played, coloured, and some had their faces painted! It seemed as though everyone had a good time.
Then the downhill slope began. Shortly after getting home, Maya and Sofia were playing, when Maya comes to me quite teary eyed and says that her ear was REALLY hurting her. Now, I remember, oh yeah, she told me the same thing this morning! Hmph. Anyhow, I gave her some Advil and hoped it wouldn’t persist. By the time dinner time came, she is terrible pain, the clinics were closed, and our only option was CHEO.
Since I knew it was just an ear infection, I figured that she could sit at home and cry for 5 hours instead of in a hospital waiting room, so that is what we did. The combination of Advil and Tylenol was doing nothing for her, as she was more than just crying.
Thankfully, through some luck and connections, we were able to get a prescription filled over the phone. About an hour after taking finally she fell asleep, for about 1.5 hours, woke up screaming, again. At this point, I decided that she may as well sleep in our bed instead having to get up every hour, and Grant went to sleep in her bed.
Around 2am, Natasha starts crying. I hear her and think, oh good Grant got her to stop. Next thing you know, she has climbed into bed with me, she is laying on top of me, and burning up! Oh no!!! Anyhow, she was awake and squirmy, until about 5am or so, at which point I figure it was better that Grant was sleeping and rested for the day ahead.
It gets better. Sunday morning I got myself out of bed to realize that we had traded Jaida in for a seal! She has croup. She sounded just awful…poor thing. Then, I was getting Maya cleaned up for the day, to realize that not one but BOTH of her eardrums had burst, yuck, which would explain the incredible pain she was having!
So there we were, Sunday morning, I was exhausted, with 3 sick kids…I have to admit I did get a chuckle out of it.
Anyhow, the Winter Party was a success, but the post party happenings I could have done without...I'm hoping for a quick recovery, though I just got work that Maya threw up this morning....sigh...
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment