Saturday, March 8, 2008

Chinese Food?

The first week is over. Not only did I not lose any of the kids, but I didn't even have to make any emergency trips to the hospital! Some people have wondered how I would survive and have warned me that I was going to be shocked at how difficult it would be. I know it's not easy but I haven't exactly been an absentee father for the the past 4+ years. No crash courses on how to change a diaper were needed. Maya made it to school on time everyday, even the snow day when buses were cancelled (Bonnie later admitted that she would've kept Maya home that day).

Maya-ism of the week: After setting up her tea set, she announced to all her guests to "Please enjoy yourself at the good-luck buffet party". This request was followed, as I assume is customary at all tea parties, by the singing of O Canada.

I hope everyone is enjoying the good-luck buffet party that is life.

1 comment:

haggaret said...

Well Done Grant. I don't think anybody was doubting your abilities as a father - or at least I wasn't. When I said how tough I expected it would be for you - that was based on my experiences taking care of just one baby/toddler and not being able to imagine having to deal with three of them! You're much more laid back than I am so perhaps that's the difference...

Good-luck buffet - that's awesome! :)