Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Slippery Slope

Going into this parental leave, I was fully aware of the dangerous trap of morning talk shows, afternoon soap operas and staying in your pajamas all day. With that in mind I had set some very modest goals of personal hygiene: shower every day and shave every other day. I knew if I didn't shower before Bonnie left for work I would be doomed. Well, the switch to daylight savings has been my downfall. It's Wednesday morning and I haven't showered since Monday. I'm wearing the same pajamas that I was wearing yesterday afternoon.

I'm now thinking that if I let my beard go for the full eight months, it might actually fill in.

At least the kids are clean.

3 comments:

haggaret said...

Another great post Grant - you're keeping me entertained while I'm at work and I certainly appreciate it.

I say go for it with the beard - you can join us for NYDDGandMGC in 2009.

Don't feel bad about not showering and shaving - think of the money you are saving on your water bill!

Unknown said...

Going by Bonnie's first post, I believed that I would see very little of your writing.

It is fun to read about the life of a 'super dad'!! I am sure Bonnie will be jealous of more than just your culinary skills.

Anonymous said...

I'd sell this as doing your part for the environment. It's all the rage these days. You might even be able to get some sort of government grant for this (in addition to the one you're already getting that is).

TDM