With the 12 feet of snowfall so far this year, it has been a great winter for outdoor play!
Here is what our front yard looked like, after the snowfall last week-end... Our front porch is about 4 feet above ground and the railings another 2 and a half feet high.
Our snow banks are definetly the largest on our street, due mostly to the fact that we (ie: Grant) shovels at each snowfall. Here is Maya sliding down. I believe she now refers to this slide as the 'bumpy' one.
Here is Natasha getting a push.
Grant would have said something along the lines of "I wonder how far you'd sink if you jumped in" I, of course, without thinking, I jumped... there was still a lot of snow under my feet. I had to dig myself out, as my boots were stuck, and Grant was standing there laughing at me saying "don't worry, you'll be able to get out in the spring."!!!
But, not to worry, Maya came to my rescue.
1 comment:
Sliding into the driveway - that's a great idea! I just recently starting making a slide for Liam, but mine slides away from the driveway and towards the empty lot beside us instead. Eventually I'd like it to wrap around the house and slide down towards the back but with the weather we've been getting lately, I'm not sure I'll have time to finish it. I should have started sooner. Oh well, there's always next year I guess.
Great pictures! Keep the posts coming.
Post a Comment