So I've finally adjusted to daylight savings and was able to get out of the house in the morning once this week, as alluded to by Bonnie's previous post. Maya goes to school in the afternoons and Jaida isn't very picky, but poor Natasha was probably getting cabin fever so I manned up and headed for a drop- in play group.
I made my way to the building and asked for directions (I must be absorbing estrogen somehow) to the specific room. There I am, standing in the doorway, holding Jaida in the carseat, Maya holding my pant leg, Natasha holding the other, and I'm fully aware that out of the 30 people in the room, I'm the only guy over the age of 5.
I find an empty adult-sized chair and plant myself, rocking a wide awake but quiet Jaida in her carseat while Maya and Natasha explore. A friendly enough looking lady walks over and introduces herself, she's the one running the play group, and charms me up with, "Are we giving mommy a break today?".
-----
In unrelated news, by a quick show of hands, how many of you have ever stepped in poop inside your home? And we don't have any pets. I don't know if I should call that the Natasha-ism of the week or the daddy-ism of the week.
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bravo (I'm actually standing and clapping right now) once again for another wonderful Mr. Mom post. I was worried that I wasn't going to have anything to look forward to on the internet once Activesteve returned to the great white north but I think you'll do nicely.
TDM
Grant, your post gives new meaning to the acronym "LOL". Keep up the good work:)
Post a Comment