Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Changing times....

Well, things have certainly changed at our place this week.

After being home with the girls for nearly 2 and a half years, I started a new job on Monday. I have mixed feeling about this, but it was bound to happen at some point soon (for mostly financial reasons, but if I had to be honest, also for my sanity). There are so many good things about this job, but the biggest downside is leaving Jaida. Though, I have to say, I called home yesterday and heard 2 out of three crying, and thought to myself "I am glad I am at work!!"

I've been trying to get into the federal gov't for a while now. In all honesty I hadn't been trying hard until about the end 2006. In any case, I wrote some exams, had some interviews and about 14 months later got an offer for a permanent position. Unfortunately Jaida was a week old at the time, and the timing was not ideal. My manager has been great, and agreed to let me start part time, which, from what I hear is a pretty sweet deal for an external employee to get a permanent part time gig to start.

So what happens to the kids now? Well, one of the many benefits of being a gov't employee enables Grant to stay home for 35 weeks, with 93% top-up!!!! So, Grant is being Mr. Mom for the next 8 months. So, while Grant is getting used to the noise and hoopla at home, I am trying to get my head into servers, programming, and taking quick breaks at work to pump. Ahhh...I get home at lunch time, I'm starving, I get a crying baby, feed her, then get Natasha down for a nap. In the mean time, Grant drives Maya to school, then we have lunch and a little break. I am sure it will take some getting used to for both of us.

2 comments:

Grant said...

Why is everything pink on this blog? That reminds me, I have to do laundry.

danakean said...

Cute pic of the girls! I miss them! I am glad you are blogging and can't wait to see new pics:)